Profile

Our group is discussing same sex marriage rights. In our group is Rachel Gregory, Beth Crowley, and Jackie Gaffney. All three of us feel like same sex marriage should be legal on the federal level. We are interested in seeing what people think about the issue by participating in our poll.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Opinions




My name is Beth Crowley. I completely and totally support equal rights for all human beings and therefor support the federal legalization of gay marriage. Same-sex marriage is a topic met with much tension and controversy. It seems that everyone has an opinion. I feel strongly that if you are lucky enough to find love, and have someone who loves you back, it is none of anyone else's business what their sexual orientation is. I have many friends who are gay and I feel they deserve the same rights and privileges that are given to heterosexual couples. Church and state should be kept completely separate. The Bible cannot be used as an excuse that suggests same-sex relationships are immoral(which it doesn't). All men and women should be able to choose their partners freely and enjoy the title of being married.
I'm Rachel Gregory and I think same sex marriage should be legal on a federal level in the United States. I think it is unfair that our country is know as being free and having religious freedom but then a lot of our laws are based on the bible. It is unfair that everyone has to follow rules and beliefs from the bible. I also have many gay friends and I think they deserve to be happy just like me. It shouldn't matter who they love. To me Love and Love no matter who it is.
I'm Jackie Gaffney and i believe that gay marriage should be legalized on the Federal level. To me, their rights should be the same as ours because they are really no different than us.They are in love and are happy. That's all that we are, in love and happy. It doesn't matter what gender someone falls in love with. It matters that they care about the person and are happy with their lives. A good majority of my friends are gay and are extremely happy with the person they are with. The gender doesn't matter to them, they love the person for the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment